Friday Morning General Session:
- The Unfolding of the Vessel: Human Growth and Development from Eastern and Western Perspectives
- Perspectives on Autoimmune Disorders
- Ancient Techniques to Address the Effects of Aging
3 CEU/PDAs (CAB and NCCAOM Approval Pending)
CAB Category 1
Pacific Center for Lifelong Learning: CEP 100
Date and Time
Friday, November 3, 2017
9:00 am - 12:05 am Pacific Time
Pacific Symposium General Sessions are typically comprised of three separate lectures, each of which is approved for 1 PDA/CEU by NCCAOM and CAB.
The Unfolding of the Vessel: Human Growth and Development from Eastern and Western Perspectives with David Miller
Friday, 11/3 at 9:00 AM to 9:50 AM
This plenary will explore the different lenses that Chinese medicine uses to understand human growth and development. From the roles of the extraordinary vessels to the spirits of the organs and how channels develop over time, we can gain a greater understanding of ourselves as beings. Our journey from single cell to fully formed adult is structured and predictable, but also amazingly elegant and revealing. Considering this process through the compatible views of Chinese medicine and evolutionary biology gives us a profound glimpse into our patients as well as ourselves.
Perspectives on Autoimmune Disorders with John Chen
Friday, 11/3 at 9:55 AM to 10:45 AM
Autoimmune disorders are rapidly becoming one of the most common and challenging conditions facing Western medical and TCM healthcare practitioners. In this one-hour introduction, we will explore how Eastern and Western medicine view autoimmune disorders: background, causes of illness, clinical signs and symptoms, and general diagnosis.
This lecture will present the classical understanding of some of the most commonly seen symptoms in Parkinson's disease fitting different scalp and body acupuncture techniques, moxibustion, classical formulas to treat the patient until symptom resolution.
Ancient Techniques to Address the Effects of Aging with Janet Zand
Friday, 11/3 at 11:15 AM to 12:05 PM
We know that compromised health is an expected outcome of aging. With TCM, natural, and conventional medicine, many of the disabilities and illnesses associated with aging can be avoided or at the very least delayed. Learn how ancient techniques addressing blood sugar, hypertension, digestion, hormones, and sleep can be modernized and enhanced with 21st century discoveries. Note: if you have a patient that you would like for us to address in this workshop please bring their health history, treatment history and any pertinent blood work.
- For recorded classes, there are no refunds.
- For live webinars, you may cancel your registration up to 1 business day* before the live event. A $25 administrative fee will be deducted from your refund.
- For a multi-class live Webinar series, there are no refunds. However if you miss a live webinar in a series, you can be enrolled in the recorded version at no charge if it becomes available at a later date.
- For onsite classes:
- Cancellation 14 or more days prior to the Webinar date: A $50 administrative fee will be deducted from your refund.
- Cancellation 14 or less days prior to the Webinar date: 50% of the registration fee or $50, whichever is greater, will be deducted from your refund.
All refund requests should be made by placing a support ticket. Refunds normally take up to 2 business days to process.
* Although our live events usually take place on the weekend, our business office is only open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Pacific Time Monday through Friday.